Since 2012, Aalto Global Impact collaborates across disciplines and sectors for sustainability. Aalto Global Impact was established five years ago in 2012 to promote and facilitate Aalto University’s educational and research programmes for societal impact globally. Multidisciplinarity, real-life challenges and partnerships based on cross-stakeholder collaboration are central to Aalto Global Impact’s work. ‘Five years ago Read more >
Open position: Communication Specialist
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students and more than 400 professors. Our campuses are located in Espoo, Helsinki and Mikkeli, Finland.
The Aalto University School of Business is the leading business school in Finland. The School belongs to the select group of business schools that have been granted the most important international quality accreditations in its field. The School of Business is an innovative and lively community of about 3500 students and 400 members of faculty and staff.
The School of Business is now looking for a COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST to a temporary position for the time period 1.9.2017 – 31.7.2019
Aalto Global Impact (AGI) promotes and facilitates Aalto University’s research, educational and innovation programs for sustainability and societal impact. The new Communications Specialist post is divided between the project (40%) and the School of Business (60%).
The Communications Specialist contributes to the School of Business communications and marketing activities by producing content for external and internal channels, coordinating communication activities, and assisting in other communication tasks as needed. The work includes close cooperation with the management of the School and the Aalto communications team, as well as other internal stakeholders.
With the Aalto Global Impact team, the Communications Specialist carries out various communication activities related to sustainability issues, with an emphasis on content production for external channels. She/he also participates in the development of annual objectives and concrete events of AGI.
The Communication Specialist works under the direction of Communications Manager of the School of Business, in cooperation with the Aalto Global Impact team.
Responsibilities of the Communications Specialist include:
• Sourcing and producing content for the School of Business and AGI for internal and external purposes.
• Managing social media channels.
• Updating website and intranet.
• Coordinating various communication activities, and
• Supporting in other communication tasks as needed.
Experience and skills necessary for this role:
• Minimum three years of work experience in communications
• Ability to produce compelling content
• Excellent writing and speaking skills in Finnish and English
• Experience with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and content management tools (e.g.Midgard, Atlassian Confluence, WordPress),
• Strong networking skills, willingness to meet new people and network
• Strong teamwork skills and ability to multitask
• Interest in both internal and external communication, academia, societal impact and sustainability themes
The following can be considered as an advantage:
• Knowledge of Finnish university scene and business schools.
• Experience in website planning and development.
For more information, contact Aalto School of Business Communications Manager Terhi Elomaa, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 50 4138525 available on 20 June from 9 am to 10 am and 21 June from 3 pm to 5 pm, or Aalto Global Impact Director Teija Lehtonen, email@example.com, tel. +358-400-618328 available on 19 and 20 June from 10 am to 12 am.
Please submit your application and CV to Aalto recruitment system by June 30th
Potential candidates will be contacted for an interview in August 2017. Salary will be based on your qualifications according to the Aalto University salary scale.
This post was written by Roope Kiviranta