Since 2012, Aalto Global Impact collaborates across disciplines and sectors for sustainability. Aalto Global Impact was established five years ago in 2012 to promote and facilitate Aalto University’s educational and research programmes for societal impact globally. Multidisciplinarity, real-life challenges and partnerships based on cross-stakeholder collaboration are central to Aalto Global Impact’s work. ‘Five years ago Read more >
United Nations JPO positions through CIMO
CIMO, the Finnish Centre for International Mobility, is advertising 6 JPO positions with different departments of the UN. The positions are advertised through Suomen YK Liitto, as well as through CIMO‘s pages.
You can find more information and the experiences of Kaisa Antikainen, who started her UN career as a JPO for the World Food Programme in Rome through CIMO (in Finnish).
General qualifications for all posts:
– The applicant should have a degree from higher education and at least two years of relevant work experience.
– The applicant should be fluent in English, and have knowledge of one other official UN language.
– Due to the training aspect of the JPO/APO programme the applicant should be no more than 32 years of age.
– The applicant should have Finnish citizenship (in case of dual citizenship, applicants with Finnish and U.S. citizenship can´t apply for the posts at The World Bank)
At United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
1. Programme Officer (JPO)
Sector: Climate Change Mitigation and Green Growth
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
2. Title: Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Sector: Governance and Peacebuilding / Disability Rights
Location: UNDP Regional Service Centre for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
At International Trade Centre (ITC)
Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Sector: Trade Facilitation and Policy for Business Policy
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
1. Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Sector: Procurement Services / Medical Devices
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Human Resources Policy Analyst (JPO)
Sector: Human Resources Policy
Location: New York, USA
At the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
Associate Expert in Humanitarian Affairs (JPO)
Sector: Coordination and Response Division / Somalia
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This post was written by AGI