Verneri Virsunen, a student from Aalto’s School of Business, embarked on his thesis journey last year. Despite not knowing how the work was going to turn out, or which form it would take, he was convinced of one thing; he wanted to draw attention to an often overlooked topic in his field: development cooperation dynamics Read more >
Open position: Project Manager
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our main campus is in Espoo, Finland. Diversity is part of who we are, and we actively work to ensure our community’s diversity and inclusiveness in the future as well. We warmly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to join our community.
Aalto University School of Business is the leading business school in Finland. The School belongs to a selected group of business schools in Finland that have been granted the most important international quality accreditations in the field. The School of Business is an innovative and lively community of about 3500 students and 400 members of faculty and staff.
Aalto Global Impact (AGI) promotes and facilitates Aalto University’s research and education for global sustainable development, focusing on Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our key objectives are to:
- • Support transdisciplinary and sustainability-themed research
- • Build students’ capabilities through interactive problem-based learning
- • Engage academic and societal stakeholders to enable multicultural
We are looking for a PROJECT MANAGER
to support our global programmes and coordinate international projects with a focus on partnerships in African countries. We wish that you could start as soon as possible. The position is fixed-term until 31.12.2021, with a possibility of extension.
- • You coordinate Aalto’s inputs to international capacity-building projects for higher education.
- • You provide administrative support (communications, meeting arrangements and materials, action plans, budgets, reporting) to other actors at Aalto.
- • You co-operate with Finnish and international partner universities, and facilitate the contributions of academic staff.
We expect you to have
- • Solid project management and facilitation skills
- • Experience in technical and financial project administration and quality assurance
- • Ability to lead multi-stakeholder teams and working groups and encourage collaboration across academic, institutional and cultural borders
- • Analytical skills and ability to contribute to strategic planning
- • Familiarity with global sustainable development and higher education agendas
- • Excellent English language skills, presentation skills and ability to write reports and published materials
- • At least 5 years’ experience in managing international partnerships and/or academic programmes
- • An independent, flexible and active style of working
- • A commitment to diversity, creating equal and empowering work environments and responsible management
- • Master’s degree in a relevant field
Please submit your application in English including your CV and application letter through our recruitment system by 6.5.2021. We will reach out to suitable candidates already during the application process, so please do not hesitate to apply sooner.
More information from Aalto Global Impact Team Leader Riina Subra, tel. 050 4066251, on Monday 26.4.2021 at 15–17 and Wednesday 28.4.2021 at 15–17.
This post was written by Roope Kiviranta