The third PBL East Africa faculty workshop was held in Kampala from 20th to 26th of October 2018. All four partner university members joined to discuss PBL approaches and to organize workshop sessions. I was part of the faculty workshop as an Aalto student mentor, joining the opening panel discussion and organizing peer-to peer-mentoring for Read more >
Open Position: Project Specialist
The Project Specialist will be responsible for the coordination of the Strengthening problem-based learning in South Asian Universities (PBL South Asia) project funded by Erasmus+ Capacity Building in Higher Education programme.
PBL South Asia will be coordinated by Aalto University’s Aalto Global Impact (AGI) and implemented in collaboration with 10 partner higher education institutions (HEIs) in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Netherlands and Lithuania. The project activities include training of faculty and the development of PBL methodologies, joint piloting of PBL cases involving student teams, and establishment of PBL into the curricula of partner institutions.
AGI will be responsible for the overall planning and management of the project activities, keeping track of initiatives in the programme, fulfilling the budget and timely reporting of implemented activities and obtained results. AGI will host the project kick-off meeting in Finland in spring 2019. AGI will also engage relevant staff and students from all Aalto schools to participate in the project activities, facilitate operation of the web-platform including posting of the training materials. The total budget of the project is appr. one million euros for 2018-2021. The Project Specialist represents Aalto Global Impact and works under the direction of AGI Director Teija Lehtonen.
The Project Specialist contributes to Aalto University’s educational programmes and AGI’s activities, in particular to the coordination of the PBL South Asia project, including following tasks:
- • Plan and implement project activities according to the project work packages and budget under supervision of Senior Manager
- • Develop project administration tools and processes in collaboration with partner HEIs
- • Gather a knowledge resource base for project partners (BPL resources, tools and best practices)
- • Develop and execute communication activities (website and social media content creation, communication planning)
- • Support the organization of a 1-week project kick-off at Aalto University in spring 2019
- • Liaise with project partners in Finland and India, Nepal, Bhutan, Netherlands and Lithuania to ensure active co-creation with all partners
- • Contribute to situation analysis defining baselines for project results indicators
- • Engage with relevant Aalto schools and educational programmes (e.g Creative Sustainability Master’s programme and Sustainable Global Technologies courses)
- • Support and mentor Aalto students participating in the PBL South Asia assignments
- • Ensure up-to-date financial tracking of project activities and contribute to project reporting and financial administration.
Education and experience necessary for this role:
• Master’s degree in business, technology, design or other relevant field
• Minimum three years of project design, implementation and monitoring experience in multidisciplinary contexts
• 1-3 years of field work experience in Asia, preferably in India, Nepal or Bhutan
• Knowledge of skills development and capacity building approaches in developing country context
• Familiarity with problem-based education /real-life learning at university level
Following qualifications can be considered as advantage:
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to manage your time across several work streams
• Ability to interact with heterogeneous project partners and to communicate the project objectives to different audiences
• Good skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive
• Experience with social media and website content management tools
Please submit your application and CV to Aalto recruitment system by 21st September, 2018 by following this link
Potential candidates will be invited for an interview in September-October 2018. Salary will be based on your qualifications according to the Aalto University salary scale. Employment will be a fixed term contract for an initial one year (with potential extension) with the Aalto University School of Business. Your office space will be located in Otaniemi, Espoo.
For more information, contact Aalto Global Impact Director Teija Lehtonen, email@example.com, tel +358-400-618328 (available on 10 and 17 September from 10 am to 12 am). http://aaltoglobalimpact.org
This post was written by Roope Kiviranta